Monday, August 01, 2016

Sacred Spaces Book Review

“May this book be the beginning of actions above words, grace in imperfection, and new sacred spaces we share together.”

A few weeks ago, I signed up to be a part of Corie Weathers Launch team for her new book Sacred Spaces. I started this blog, as a way for family and friends to keep track of us while we were living overseas, and after moving back, I decide to explore where my blog would go next.

The military is such a big part of my life. Big Army own's my husband and they get final say on everything that has to do with him, and me, by proxy. This year we celebrated our 5th anniversary, and of those 5 years, we've spend 2 anniversaries together. I wanted to share this other part of my life that didn't involve exploring Europe, but the other days where our plans get cancelled, or where I "pause" and don't "un-pause" until months later, when my husband is home again.

Sacred Spaces, was an amazing book to read. I'm trying not to give too much away, but I'm sure many military spouses will agree, that it's not an easy task going through a deployment, or even spending months apart and learning how how to cope when your spouse is back. 

Sacred Spaces, is about understanding what sacred spaces are, how they function in our lives, and how they affect our marriages, by creating divisions in marriages as the couple changes individually, grows apart, and doesn’t know how to handle each other’s sacred spaces. A sacred space can be positive or negative, but if you and your spouse can find a way to share your sacred spaces with each other, your marriage will be stronger for it.

From the very beginning, Corie had me hooked. A lot of what she wrote was a reflection on my life. This book is more than a military spouse talking about her experiences being married to a service member, it is about strengthening not only your marriage, but yourself at the same time.

Sacred Spaces is a must read for every Military Spouse. I finished the book feeling enlightened and hopeful that this would help me and my spouse strengthen our marriage. Marriage's are hard. Military marriages are even harder and sacrifices are happening everyday on both ends.


Today 08/01/16, is the Launch day. Grab your copy on Amazon, or from Elva Resa Publishing and make sure to follow Corie Weathers on Facebook where you will learn more about her live podcasts and ministry to strengthen military marriages.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of Sacred Spaces in exchange for writing a review on the blog, all opinions are my own.

Post a Comment