Thursday, March 24, 2016

Drew's Reenlistment Ceremony


If you've been reading my blog for a bit, you know that my husband Drew is in the U.S. Army. (For those unaware, surprise!) With this move coming up I've been slacking on blogging, but I just had to be the proud wife that I am and write a post about my amazing husband.

Drew's been in the Army for 7 years, for those who don't know him, being in the military has been something he has always wanted to do. He lost 165 lbs so he could join the Army! On Monday, he reenlisted for another 6 years!


Since Drew is changing jobs, he wanted one last hoo-rah with his battery. Since he has spent 7 years as an artilleryman he wanted to reenlist with the cross cannons and because we don't know if we will ever come back to Germany (I'm crossing my fingers for one day) he thought it would be a great idea to do it on the field with the iconic Grafenwoehr Tower behind it.

When we drove up the field he was so happy to see how things looked. He was even able to get his favorite Lieutenant to administer his oath of reenlistment. Unfortunately, Drew had to wait 2 months for this to happen, due to scheduling conflicts and the constant training (gotta love the Army, it never stops). But in the end it all worked out for the best.


I asked Paige if she would take pictures, (I swear I'm not sure what I'll do without her! ) of course she took a video of the day, she's been working on a piece of artwork for us, as a memorabilia from our trip to Kotor, you'll get to see it (and Bravo) in her video.


It's hard to believe that when this contract is over, Drew will have been in the military for 13 years! Time is flying by. I can't wait to see what our next adventure brings! 



**Photo Credit; Paige Ramsey, to see the full Gallery: Click Here

Post a Comment