Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Hello Fall; Colorado Edition


Fall is my favorite time of the year. Not only did I get to celebrate Teanna Day, but the temps are dropping, leaves are finally turning, and there's even a bit of snow on the peak of the mountains. I'm not looking forward to the snow, but it’s prime leaf peeping season and since the color dies so quickly here thanks to the elevation, I knew we had to find a place to check out the leaves. 


A couple weeks ago, Drew and I headed off to Woodland Park at the suggestion of some friends to see the leaves change colors. When we go to Woodland Park, the leaves were STILL GREEN! I was pretty bummed. Drew suggested we go to Cripple Creek, since I had been talking about the leaves. On FB I have seen pictures about the drive to Cripple Creek and the colors were beautiful. Since Cripple Creek was only a 30 minute drive from Woodland Park, which is a 45-minute drive from our house, we decided to continue on. It was the best decision we could've made.

 

From Woodland Park, we continued to the city of Divide and headed down Hwy 67 towards Cripple Creek. It was such a beautiful drive. The colors were stunning! Don't believe me? (Just a head's up this posts is basically pictures! haha) The drive was really easy. Usually we take the SUV, but this time we decided to take the Prius and save on some gas, it handled wonderfully especially when we got to 10,000 ft!





The drive to Cripple Creek was the perfect drive. Along the route there are many places to stop off, where you are not on the road but you're still able to get the perfect shot!


If you're looking for a quick getaway in the Colorado Springs area and want to see the changing of the leaves, this is the place to be!

In case you don't believe me, here are more shots from our day. :D







Post a Comment