Friday, June 03, 2016

Disney World Bachelorette Party



In April, I went to the Happiest Place on Earth, that's right, Disney World! My best friend is getting married this summer, and since she LOVES Disney she wanted to have her Bachelorette party at Disney. What girl doesn't love Disney?
We spent 2 nights are Disney's Art of Animation Hotel, in the Lion King Suite. It was Awesome. We slept beneath Zazu, I didn't sleep well, not sure if that had more to do with being super excited for Disney (I haven't been since I was a kid) or the fact that we were up late catching up...who can really tell.




We woke up bright and early Saturday morning, and headed on the free shuttle to Magic Kingdom, we arrived at 8:30, just in time for the opening ceremony, the park doesn't open until 9am, but they let us in at 8:45! 

Because we were staying at a Disney property, we were given Fantasy Bands, Robin was awesome enough to get us customize decals with a Disney princess'. They're perfect since Disney doesn't do paper Fast Passes anymore.

Since Robin's a Disney expert, she set up our fast passes. Although there weren't some rides she couldn't get a Fast pass, so we headed their first. 
Throughout the day we hit up the major rides, Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, Space Mountain, Snow White, Haunted Mansion, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, Thunder Mountain, etc. Robin somehow convinced us to go to her favorite "ride" Carousel of Progress, I was bored, but it was extremely informative.



To make the day go by a little quicker, I even came up with a Scavenger Hunt...although we didn't exactly say "start", it was still something fun to do.

For lunch, we had reservations at Be Our Guest. The Dinning area that was inspired by Beauty and the Beast (side note: Make sure to pre-order your meals, it makes things much easier!) Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite Disney movies. I just loved the dinning area. It is exactly what I imagined Beast's castle to look like IRL. If you ever get the chance, make sure to stop off in there for a visit.

We didn't end up leaving the park until 6pm! It was a very long day, I'm not sure how I even made it. Of course we got dressed and headed to dinner at Disney Springs (Downtown Disney).
It was such a fun day at Disney. I was very hesitant about going to Disney for a Bachelorette Party, but I had more fun then I thought. Maybe it was because of the great group of girls I got to hang out with? Or maybe I'm just a big kid at heart. Of course it was both!

If you're planning a Bachelorette party, here are some things to Remember:
- You can get free Iced Water at concession stands
- Photographers can take your picture and send it to your Disney account
- When planning a Bachelorette Party, matching shirts are the way to go.
- Pick up free buttons and stickers, they're great souvenirs

Post a Comment